This morning when I opened OneNote 2013 on my development machine I got this warning:
When I tried to click, there is no action... Trying to login again, no result... WTF!
This is a major productivity issue for me, because I work with OneNote on several projects to keep track of essential information like; estimates&budgets, test&review results, technical debt and requirements (in progress).
So I needed a fix fast! After some Googlin' I found a solution to the problem.
- Close OneNote and the Send to OneNote panel
- Open Windows Control Panel (Windows+Shift+X from desktop)
- Go to Accounts \ User accounts and Family safety
- Manage Windows credentials
- Find all items starting with MicrosoftOffice15_Data:...:
- Click remove for all matching items (Microsoft caches your credentials for you notebooks here)
- Open OneNote and sign in again:
Voila! Your OneNote books should be syncing again!
PS. This problems seems to be caused by putting your system to sleep while OneNote (or Send To OneNote panel) is still open. I haven't seen this error when hybernating my system though..